Entering and adding table records in Datasheet view
Each record in a table is represented by a row. Field names are represented as columns in the table. To add a new record, navigate to the last row in the table—it's a blank row—or click the new record button in the status area. Then input the requested information into each field in the new record. In this lesson, you will add a new record to the Contacts table.
To enter or add a table record in Datasheet view:
- The table should be open.
- If you are not in Datasheet view, click the Datasheet view button.
- Click the New Record button on the toolbar.
- Begin typing the information for the first field. Press Tab to move to the next field.
- Continue entering data and pressing Tab until you reach the end of the record.
- Press Tab again to start another record, or click the New Record button again.