Creating a simple query
To create a simple query:
- Open the Great Lake Elementary School database.
- In the database window, choose the Queries tab from the Objects palette.
- Select and click the Open button, double-click it, or right-click it and choose Open from the shortcut menu.
- The Simple Query Wizard opens.
- From the Tables/Queries drop-down list, choose the table or query containing the fields you want to include in the query.
- In the Available Fields text box, select the fields you want to include and click the right arrow or double-click the field to move the fields into the Selected Fields text box.
- Select any additional tables and queries from the Tables/Queries drop-down list and repeat. Click Next when all fields have been selected.
- If the fields you selected include a number field, you'll be asked to select a summary or detail query. To see each record, choose Detail. To see sums, averages, etc., choose Summary and set the summary options. Click Next.
- Provide a name for the query. Click Finish to run the query.