Opening a Table and Learning to Navigate Records
In Access 2003 opening tables can be done using the steps in this lesson. In Access 2003 navigating records can be done as well.
- Open the Contact Management database.
- Open the Contacts table in Datasheet view.
- Click through each of the following buttons in the status area: Next Record, Last Record, Previous Record, and First Record.
- Practice scrolling through the table using the horizontal and vertical scroll bars.
- Take a screen print of the window showing the horizontal and vertical scroll bars.
- Practice using the keyboard to navigate through table records. Notice how the cursor moves from record to record for each of the following keys:
- Shift + Tab
- Page Down
- Page Up
- Down Arrow
- Up Arrow
- Ctrl + End
- Ctrl + Home