Opening an existing table in Datasheet view
Tables are created and maintained in the Tables tab of the Objects palette in Access. The contact management database contains four tables: calls, contact types, contacts, and switchboard items. We will discuss the Contacts table in this lesson.
A table opened in Datasheet view resembles a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. It is used to input records into the database and will be discussed in this lesson.
To open an existing table from the tables object:
- Open the contact management database.
- In the database window, click the Tables tab from the Objects palette.
NOTE: If the database window is not displayed by default, choose WindowContact Management: Database from the menu bar.
- To open the table in Datasheet view, double-click the Contacts table in the right window pane.
- Click once on the Contacts form and click Open.
- Right-click the Contacts form and select Open from the shortcut menu.