When using Chrome browsing is similar to other browsers. However, there are some unique features of browsing in Chrome.
Tabs can be moved, pulled in and out of windows, and even pinned into place for easy access.
To move tabs:
- Click and drag the tab you wish to move.
- Release the mouse when you have moved the tab to the desired position.
To pull tabs:
If you want to view two tabs at the same time, it's easy to pull a tab to its own window.
- Select the tab you want to pull.
- Click and drag the tab pull out of the window and then release. It will automatically appear as its own new window.
- To put a tab back into a window, click and drag the tab over the desired window. Release the mouse when the tab appears on the tab bar.
To pin tabs:
If there are some pages you use every time you open your browser, like your email or calendar, you might consider pinning the tab. Pinned tabs will open automatically whenever you start Chrome, making your favorite pages easy to access.
- Right-click the desired tab, then select Pin tab from the drop-down menu.
- The pinned tab will appear as a smaller tab in the top-left corner of the browser.
- To unpin a tab, right-click it and then select Unpin tab from the drop-down menu.