Wondering how to customize Chrome? Learn all about customizing Chrome so it's user friendly for you in this free lesson.
Extensions can add additional features to the browser. For example, they can block advertisements, share a page with your social network, and much more.
To install an extension:
- Navigate to the Chrome Web Store.
- Select Extensions in the left navigation pane.
- A page of different extensions will appear. Click an app to learn more about it.
- The extension page will appear with information on how the extension works, user reviews, screenshots, and more. If you want to use the extension, click Add to Chrome.
- A dialog box will appear. Click Add extension to continue.
- The extension will be installed. The extension's icon will appear in the top navigation bar. Note that some extensions work in the background and will not appear in the navigation bar.
- To use an extension, click the icon while viewing any page. In this example, the extension allows us to save websites for easy access later.
To remove an extension:
- Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner of the browser, then select Settings.
- The Settings tab will appear. Select Extensions in the left navigation pane.
- A list of installed extensions will appear. Locate the extension you want to remove, then click the trash can icon to delete it.
- A dialog box will appear. Click Remove to confirm.
- The extension will be removed from Chrome.