Because it's created by Google, Chrome security and Chrome privacy are important features. Learn all about them here.
Deleting browsing history
Like all browsers, Chrome keeps a record of every website you visit in your browsing history. You may want to remove some or all of your browsing history for the sake of privacy.
To remove specific sites from history:
- Click the Chrome menu in the top-right corner of the browser, hover the mouse over History, then select History.
- The History tab will appear. Click the check box next to each link you want to delete from your history, then choose Remove selected items.
- A dialog box will appear. Click Remove to continue.
- The selected websites will be removed from your history.
To clear all browsing data:
Chrome makes it easy to delete some or all of your history. For example, sometimes you might want to remove only your history from the past hour instead of your complete history. You might also want to remove all of your saved pages and cookies but keep your saved passwords.
- From the History tab, click Clear all browsing data.
- A dialog box will appear. Choose the time range and browsing data you want to delete.
- When you're ready, click Clear browsing data.
- The selected browsing history will be cleared.