When working in Excel 2000 aligning text can be accomplished using the steps provided in this free lesson.
The Format Cells dialog box: Understanding the Alignment tab
You can use the Wrap Text, Shrink to Fit, and Merge cells commands to display text (labels) in cells.
To display a vertical title across several cells:
- Select the title and several cells below it.
- Choose FormatCells from the menu bar.
- Click the Merge Cells check box to merge the cells.
- Shrink to Fit shrinks the size of the font so it fits in the selected cells.
- Wrap Text wraps the contents of a cell in case it’s too large for the cell boundaries.