Creating an embedded chart
Embedded charts are charts that reside in the same worksheet as the source data.
To embed a chart in a worksheet:
- Choose ViewToolbarsChart.
- Select the range of cells you want to chart. Your source data should include at least three categories or numbers.
- On the Chart toolbar, click the chart type drop-down menu and select the chart you want to use.
- To add a title to your chart, open the chart options dialog box: ChartOptions.
- Select the Titles tab, and enter your title in the Chart Title text box.
Keep in mind that different charts will work best with different data. For example, a pie chart can only display one data series at a time.