Inserting and Deleting Cells
Basic formatting in Excel can customize the look and feel of your Excel spreadsheet. Learn about inserting and deleting cells here.
To delete cells:
- Select one or more cells.
- To delete cell contents but leave the cell in place, press Delete.
- Right-click and choose Delete.
- The Delete dialog box opens and presents the following choices:
- Shift cells left: Cells in the same row are shifted right.
- Shift cells up: Selected cells and all cells below them in the same column are shifted.
- Entire row: This deletes an entire row of cells.
- Entire column: This deletes an entire column.
- Choose an option, then click OK.
- Your result displays in your spreadsheet.