The Excel Window
This Excel 2000 tutorial includes everything you need to know to get started with Microsoft Excel.
The Excel workbook
When you open Microsoft Excel, a workbook automatically shows in the workspace.
- A workbook is made up of three worksheets.
- The worksheets are labeled Sheet1, Sheet2, and Sheet3.
- Each Excel worksheet is made up of columns and rows.
- In order to access a worksheet, click on the tab that says Sheet#.
To change the number of worksheets:
- Choose ToolsOptions.
- In the Options dialog box, click the General tab.
- Click the spin box controls (up and down arrows) to change the number of worksheets in a new workbook.