Accessing Excel 2003 Functions
To Access Other Functions in Excel:
- Using the point-click-drag method, select a cell range to be included in the formula.
- On the Standard toolbar, click on the drop-down part of the AutoSum button.
- If you don't see the function you want to use (Sum, Average, Count, Max, Min), display additional functions by selecting More Functions.
- The Insert Function dialog box opens.
- There are three ways to locate a function in the Insert Function dialog box:
You can type a question in the Search for a function box and click GO, or
You can scroll through the alphabetical list of functions in the Select a function field, or
You can select a function category in the Select a category drop-down list and review the corresponding function names in the Select a function field.
- Select the function you want to use and then click the OK button.
If you're comfortable with basic functions, you may want to try a more advanced one like VLOOKUP. You can check out our blog article on How to Use Excel's VLOOKUP Function for more information.