Formatting Excel numbers can improve how your spreadsheet looks. Use the number function in Excel to also better organize content.
Formatting date in the Format Cells dialog box
The date can be formatted in many different ways in Excel 2003. Here are a few ways it can appear:
October 6, 2003
To format the appearance of a date in a cell:
- Select a cell or range of cells.
- Choose Format Cells from the menu bar.
- The Format Cells dialog box opens.
- Click the Number tab.
- Click Date in the Category drop-down list.
- Select the desired date format from the Type drop-down list.
- Click the OK button.