Formatting Excel numbers can improve how your spreadsheet looks. Use the number function in Excel to also better organize content.
Formatting time in the Format Cells dialog box
The time can be formatted in many different ways in Excel 2003. Here are a few ways it can appear:
To format the appearance of time in a cell:
- Select the range of cells you want to format.
- Choose Format Cells from the menu bar.
- The Format Cells dialog box opens.
- Click the Number tab.
- Click Time in the Category drop-down list.
- Select the desired time format from the Type drop-down list.
- Click the OK button.