Formatting Excel tables can improve how your spreadsheet looks. Use the table function in Excel to also better organize content.
To modify a table:
- Select any cell in the table. The Table Tools Design tab will become active. From here, you can modify the table in several ways.
- Select a different table in the Table Styles Options group. Click the More drop-down arrow to see more table styles.
- Delete or add a Header Row in the Table Styles Options group.
- Insert a Total Row in the Table Styles Options group.
- Remove or add banded rows or columns.
- Make the first and last columns bold.
- Name your table in the Properties group.
- Change the cells that make up the table by clicking Resize Table.
When you apply a table style, filtering arrows automatically appear. To turn off filtering, select the Home tab, click the Sort & Filter command, and select Filter from the list.