- Open an existing Excel 2010 document. If you want, you can use this example.
- Select a cell and change the font, size, or color of the text. If you are using the example, you change the title in cell A1 to the Verdana font, size 16, with a font color of green.
- Select a portion of the content in one cell, and make only that portion bold. For example, if the words "Weight (pounds)" are in a cell, make only the word "Weight" bold.
- Add a border to a group of cells. If you are using the example, add a border to the descriptions in row 3.
- Change the fill color of a group of cells. If you are using the example, add a fill color to row 3.
- Try changing the vertical and horizontal text alignment for some cells.
- Try changing the formatting of a number. If you are using the example, change the date format in column A.