- Open an existing Excel 2010 document. If you want, you can use this example.
- Select a cell and change the font, size, or color of the text. If you are using the example, change the title in cell A1 to the Verdana font, size 16, with a font color of green.
- Select a portion of the content in one cell, and make only that portion bold. For example, if the words Weight (pounds) are in a cell, make only the word Weight bold.
- Add a border to a group of cells. If you are using the example, add a border to the descriptions in row 3.
- Change the fill color of a group of cells. If you are using the example, add a fill color to row 3.
- Try changing the vertical and horizontal text alignment for some cells.
- Try changing the formatting of a number. If you are using the example, change the date format in column A.