Use pivot tables in Excel for stronger data analysis. This Excel pivot table tutorial also helps you summarize data.
- Open an existing Excel 2010 workbook. If you want, you can use this example.
- Create a PivotTable using the data in the workbook.
- Experiment with different row labels and column labels.
- Filter the report with a slicer.
- Create a PivotChart.
- If you are using the example, use the PivotTable to answer the question, Which salesperson sold the lowest amount in January? Hint: First decide which fields you need in order to answer the question.