This Excel 2016 tutorial includes everything you need to know to get started with Microsoft Excel.
The Quick Access Toolbar
Located just above the Ribbon, the Quick Access Toolbar lets you access common commands no matter which tab is selected. By default, it includes the Save, Undo, and Repeat commands. You can add other commands depending on your preference.
To add commands to the Quick Access Toolbar:
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Select the command you want to add from the drop-down menu. To choose from more commands, select More Commands.
- The command will be added to the Quick Access Toolbar.
How to use Tell me:
The Tell me box works like a search bar to help you quickly find tools or commands you want to use.
- Type in your own words what you want to do.
- The results will give you a few relevant options. To use one, click it like you would a command on the Ribbon.