In Excel what if analysis lets you answer questions with data. With what if analysis Excel also lets you experiment with data.
- Open our practice workbook.
- Click the Challenge tab in the bottom-left of the workbook.
- In cell B8, create a function that calculates the average of the sales in B2:B7.
- The workbook shows Dave's monthly sales amounts for the first half of the year. If he reaches a $200,000 mid-year average, he will receive a 5% bonus. Use Goal Seek to find how much he needs to sell in June in order to make the $200,000 average.
- When you're finished, your workbook should look like this: