- Type the following information:
In cell A1, type 12345.
In cell A2, type 15865.
In cell B1, type 9347.
In cell B2, type 11942.
In cell C1, type 19348.
In cell C2, type 17103.
- Create the following simple formula:
In cell A3, write a formula to add cell A1 and cell A2.
- Fill the formula in cell A3 to both cell B3 and cell C3.
- Create the following complex formula:
In cell A5, write a formula that divides cell A1 by the sum of cells A3, B3, and C3.
- In the formula defined in cell A5, create an absolute reference to all cells and rows referenced in the following part of the formula: sum of cells A3, B3, and C3.
- Copy the formula and absolute reference in cell A5 and paste it into cell B5 and cell C5.
- Note how the formulas that appear in cell A5, cell B5, and cell C5 differ from one another.