You can customize Firefox to suit your needs. Review this free lesson to learn all about customizing Firefox.
Add-ons can add different functionality to Firefox. For example, you can install different extensions and themes, which can make Firefox even more powerful and personal.
To install an extension:
Extensions can add additional features to the browser. For example, they can block advertisements, share a page with your social network, and much more.
- Click the menu button in the top-right corner of the browser, then select Add-ons.
- The Add-ons Manager will appear in a new tab. Scroll down to view several popular add-ons. You can also search for an extension. Select Extensions in the menu on the left. In the search bar on the right, you can search for various add-ons. In our example, we'll search for an extension that can block advertisements.
- A list of results will appear. Locate the extension you would like to use and click Install now to add it. The extension will be installed. Some extensions will add buttons to the toolbar, while others will work in the background.
It's important to note that extensions are not necessarily created or approved by Safari. Many are created by third-party providers or even individual users, so they may not always be safe to install.
To install a theme:
Themes allow you to change the appearance of the browser to suit your personality. Themes can add new colors and background pictures to the Firefox window. We recommend using the default theme because your tabs can become difficult to read with certain themes.
- Click the menu button in the top-right corner of the browser, then select Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager will appear.
- Several themes are featured in the Add-ons Manager. Click the switch next to them to install the theme.
- If you want to see more themes, click See more add-ons! at the bottom of the page.
- A new Add-ons page will appear. Click the Themes button at the top. This will show you all available themes.