Firefox is among the world's safest and most secure browsers. Firefox security and Firefox privacy are covered in this free lesson.
Deleting browsing history
Like all browsers, Firefox keeps a record of every website you visit in your browsing history. You may want to remove some or all of your browsing history for the sake of privacy.
To remove specific sites from history:
- Click the menu button in the top-right corner of the browser, select History, then click Show All History.
- The Library will appear in a new window with your full browsing history.
- Click any link to select it, right-click it, then click Delete This Page to remove it from the history. Press and hold the Ctrl key to select multiple items.
To clear all browsing data:
Firefox makes it easy to delete some or all of your history. For example, sometimes you might want to remove only your history from the past hour instead of removing your entire history. You might also want to remove all of your saved pages and cookies but keep your saved passwords.
- Click the menu button in the top-right corner of the browser, click History, then select Clear Recent History.
- A dialog box will appear. Click the Details drop-down arrow, then choose the time range and browsing data you want to delete.
- When you're ready, click Clear Now.
- The selected browsing history will be cleared.