Creating Files on Google Drive
Google Drive doesn't just store your files; it also allows you to create, share, and manage documents with its own productivity apps. If you've ever used a suite like Microsoft Office, some things about Google Drive's apps might seem familiar. For instance, the types of files you can work with are very similar to files that can be created with various Microsoft Office programs.
These are the types of docs you can create and share with Google Drive:
- Documents: For composing letters, flyers, essays, and other text-based files (similar to Microsoft Word documents)
- Spreadsheets: For storing and organizing information (similar to Microsoft Excel worksheets)
- Presentations: For creating and presenting slides (similar to Microsoft PowerPoint slideshows)
- Forms: For collecting and organizing data
- Drawings: For creating simple vector graphics or diagrams