Use tables in Google Docs to present information visually. In Google Docs tables are both useful and easy to create.
A table is a grid of cells arranged into rows and columns. Tables can be customized and are useful for various tasks, like presenting text information and numerical data.
In this lesson, you'll learn how to create a blank table, modify an existing table, and edit table properties.
Inserting and modifying tables
Watch the video below to learn how to work with tables in Google Docs.
To insert a table:
- Place the insertion point at the location where you want to insert a table.
- Click the Table drop-down menu and hover the mouse over Insert table. A grid of squares appears.
- Drag the mouse over the grid of squares to select the number of columns and rows in the table.
- Click the mouse, and the table appears in the document. The insertion point will now be in the top-left cell.
To delete the table, right-click anywhere on the table and select Delete table from the menu that appears.
To add an additional row:
- Right-click in a row adjacent to the location where you want to add a row, then select Insert row above or Insert row below from the menu that appears.
- The new row appears in the table.
To add an additional column:
- Right-click in a column adjacent to the location where you want the new column to appear, then select Insert column left or Insert column right from the menu that appears.
- The new column appears in the table.
To delete a row or column:
- Right-click the mouse in the row or column you want to delete, then select Delete row or Delete column from the menu that appears.