Learn how to add and manage your Internet Explorer 11 favorites in this free lesson.
Have you ever found a website you wanted to view later, only to realize that you didn't remember the URL? Favorites (called bookmarks in most browsers) are a great way to save and organize websites so you can revisit them.
In this lesson, we'll discuss how to add favorites in Internet Explorer and how to manage and organize your favorites and folders.
To add a favorite:
- With the desired website open in your browser, select the Favorites button, then click Add to favorites. You can also press Ctrl+D on your keyboard.
- A dialog box will appear. To choose a folder for your favorite, click the drop-down menu in the Create in: box, then select a folder.
- Click Add to save the website as a favorite.
Once you've added a website to your favorites, there are several ways to open the website.
- The address bar: As you begin typing in the address bar, any favorites matching the text will appear under Favorites. Click a favorite to open it.
- The Favorites button: Click the Favorites button, then select the Favorites tab to see your favorites.
- The Favorites bar: If you have certain sites you use frequently, you can save them to the Favorites bar for quick access. To show the Favorites bar, right-click the top of the browser window, then select Favorites bar. To save the current website to the Favorites bar, click the star in the left corner of the bar.
- Favorites folders: If you have a few favorites on one topic, you might consider creating a folder for them. We'll discuss various ways to organize your favorites into folders on the next page.