Learn how to add and manage your Internet Explorer 11 favorites in this free lesson.
If you're going to use favorites regularly, you may want to learn how to organize them so they're easy to access. Grouping favorites into folders will make it easier to find the one you need.
To create a folder:
- Click the Favorites button, then select the Add to favorites drop-down menu.
- Select Organize favorites.
- The Organize Favorites dialog box will appear. Select the New Folder button at the bottom-left.
- A new folder will appear. Type a name for the folder, then press Enter.
- The new folder will now appear in the Favorites menu.
To move a favorite into a folder:
- From the Organize Favorites dialog box, click and drag a favorite into the desired folder.
- The favorite will appear in the folder.
To move a folder:
- From the Organize Favorites dialog box, click and drag a folder to the desired location. A black line will appear.
- The folder will appear in the new location.
To add tabs to favorites:
If you're viewing multiple websites on one topic, you can save them all with the Add current tabs to favorites function. The open tabs will be saved as favorites in a new folder, which will allow you find them easily.
- Right-click the top of the browser window, then select Menu bar. The menu bar will appear.
- Click Favorites, then select Add current tabs to favorites...
- A dialog box will appear. Choose a name and location for the new folder, then click Add.
- A new folder will appear in the selected location. Select the new folder to access the saved tabs.
To delete favorites and folders:
- From the Organize Favorites dialog box, select the favorite or folder you want to delete, then click the Delete button in the bottom-right. You can also press Delete on your keyboard.
- The favorite or folder will be deleted.