Like all browsers, Internet Explorer saves your browsing history, which includes details and cookies from the websites you visit. You can search your history to find a previously viewed page or delete your history for the sake of privacy.
To view your browsing history:
- Click the star in the top-right corner of the browser.
- The Favorites bar will appear on the right side of the browser window. Click the History tab. A list of date ranges will appear.
- To view the sites you visited at a given time, click the desired date range. A list of sites will appear. To navigate to a site, just click the link.
To search your history:
- If you can't remember the exact name or address of a website you've visited before, you can search your browsing history. Click the drop-down menu at the top of the History tab, then select Search history.
- A search bar will appear. Type a search term or website name, then click Search now.
- A list of results will appear. Just click a link to navigate to any of the websites on the list.
Review our lesson on Security and Privacy to learn how to delete your browsing history.