Learn how to use Internet Explorer 11 start screen functionality so you can always use your favorite browser.
If you find a website you'd like to visit later, you can add it to your favorites, which most browsers call bookmarks. You can also pin a site directly to the Start screen.
To add a favorite:
- Right-click anywhere on the screen to open the address bar, then select the Favorites button. The Favorites toolbar will appear.
- Select the Add to favorites button.
- A dialog box will appear. Click the drop-down menu to select a folder for the website, then click Add to save the site as a favorite.
You can also press Ctrl+D on your keyboard to add a site to your favorites.
To pin a website:
When you pin a website, Internet Explorer will create a shortcut for it, which will appear on your Start screen. Unlike favorites, pinned websites don't require you to navigate to the browser to view them.
- Navigate to the website you want to pin. Right-click, then select the Favorites button from the address bar menu.
- The Favorites toolbar will appear. Select the Pin site button.
- A dialog box will appear. Click Pin to Start.
- The website will be pinned to the Start screen.