iOS 7 features
Now that you know the basics of using iOS 7, it's a good idea to become more familiar with some of its most useful features. You can access these features at any time, no matter what app you're currently using.
Notifications are pop-ups, banners, and other audio/visual cues that work with the apps on your device. They're designed to let you know when something needs your attention or when there's been any recent activity (for example, on Facebook).
Notifications behave differently in each app, but they all have one thing in common: They can help you keep up with everyday tasks and responsibilities. You can receive notifications three different ways:
- Via the Notification Center (just swipe down from the status bar to open it at any time)
- As an alert (a pop-up or banner)
- As a badge on the app icon itself
A convenient new feature in iOS 7, the Control Center allows you to quickly access frequently used settings for your device. Just swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen to access the Control Center. Below are some of the most helpful settings:
- Airplane Mode: Toggle this option to activate Airplane Mode, which will turn off Wi-Fi and 3G/4G.
- Wi-Fi: Toggle this option to turn Wi-Fi connectivity on and off.
- Do Not Disturb: Toggle this option to use Do Not Disturb, which can limit notifications during certain hours.
- Screen brightness: Use this option to adjust the iPhone's screen brightness.
- Volume control: Use this option to adjust the speaker or headphone volume.