Building an Effective Business Presentation
If you're creating a business presentation, use these tips to create strong and professional business presentations.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Explore reasons for giving a business presentation
- Prepare a business presentation
- Recognize tips for delivering an effective business presentation
Introduction to business presentations
If you work in a business or corporate setting, you may be called upon to speak publicly for a variety of reasons.
Possible reasons include:
- Being asked to give a report or presentation during a meeting
- Being asked to share your knowledge or expertise on a given topic
- Being asked to teach a new skill (a systems administrator might be asked to teach coworkers how to use a new email client)
- Being asked to give an informative presentation in order to draw newcomers to an activity, group, or program with which you are involved