Use these listening skills activities to ensure you are doing more than hearing what your coworkers, managers, and clients have to say.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of listening
- Identify ways to demonstrate active listening
Are you a good listener?
You appreciate it when others listen to what you have to say, especially in the workplace. Have you ever wondered if you are a good listener?
- Talk when others are talking
- Often have to ask people to repeat themselves
- Often interrupt others when they're talking
- Let your feelings for the speaker interfere with your listening ability
- Jump to conclusions before the speaker is finished talking
If you answered "yes" to one or more of these questions, you may need to improve your listening skills.