Learn about the features available in document recovery Office XP provides in this free lesson.
Recovering lost work
Sometimes a Microsoft Office XP program will suddenly stop responding. If this happens to you, there are procedures you should follow to try to recover any lost work.
If the program stops responding, recover the program.
To recover a program:
- Open the Start menu.
- Choose All Programs Microsoft Office ToolsMicrosoft Office Application Recovery.
- In the Application list, click the program or file that is not responding.
- To try to recover the file, click Recover Application or Restart Application.
- To close the program, click End Application. (You will lose your most recent changes.)
- If you want to report the program to Microsoft, click Report problem. Otherwise, click Don't report problem.
- Open the Office program.
- Review the list of files in the Document Recovery task pane.
Learn more about the Document Recovery task pane on the next page.