When selecting text Office XP offers you several options. Learn what they are in this free lesson.
Troubleshooting selection techniques
When using the click-and-drag method to select text, have you ever selected a lot of text without meaning to?
What can you do to avoid this frustration?
- Use Select All in the Edit menu (Ctrl+A).
- Use the Shift key for more control.
- Click once at the starting point of the text you want to be selected.
- Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard while clicking at the ending point of the text you want to be selected.
- The text in between these two points should be selected.
When text is selected, pressing any key will delete it. The Undo button often comes in handy for this common mistake.