Inserting sound effects
You can add sound effects to a slide show to gain your audience's attention; however, sometimes sound effects can distract people from the content of your presentation. It will be up to you to decide when a sound effect will benefit your presentation.
To insert a sound effect:
- Select InsertMovies and Sounds from the main menu.
- Select the location of the sound clip:
- Sound from Clip Organizer
- Sound from File
- Play CD Audio Track
- Record Sound
In this example, select Sound from File. The Insert Sound dialog box will appear.
- Locate the sound file on your computer.
- Select the file.
- Click OK. The Microsoft Office PowerPoint dialog box will appear.
- Decide whether you want the sound to start Automatically when the slide appears or When Clicked. An icon representing the sound will appear.
To hide the sound icon during a slide show:
- Right-click the icon.
- Select Edit Sound Object. The Sound Options dialog box will appear.
- Select Hide sound icon during slide show.
- Click OK.
You will still be able to see the icon in Slide Sorter View, but it will be hidden in Slide Show View.