Making changes to specific layouts
To insert a line on slides with a specific layout:
- Select the View tab.
- Click the Slide Master view command in the Presentation Views group. The Slide Master tab will appear active.
- Select the supporting layout you want to change. In this example, we will select the Title and Content Layout in the task pane on the left.
- Select the Insert tab.
- Click the Shape command.
- Select a line from the menu. The cursor will turn into a crosshair.
- Click and drag the mouse to insert a line where you want on the slide. Release the mouse button.
- Select the Format tab. Format the line if you want. In this example, we'll change the line color, weight, and style.
- Click the Shape Outline command.
- Choose a color, weight, or line style option.
- Click the Normal view command to close the Slide Master view and see the section header slides that have been formatted.
Press and hold the Shift key while inserting a straight line. This will make the line appear completely straight.