Presenting in PowerPoint can be daunting. Use these PowerPoint presentation tips for a successful, engaging, professional experience.
PowerPoint has various options for setting up and playing a slide show. For example, you can set up an unattended presentation that can be displayed at a kiosk and make your slide show repeat with continuous looping.
Set which slides you would like to show. All is the default, but you can choose to show only certain slides or display any Custom shows you have created from your original presentation.
Presenters often use a laptop and projector to display slide shows. If you have more than one monitor, you may choose which one to display the slide show on. If you want to view the show on both your computer (your view) and the projector (audience view), you can select Show Presenter view.
If you have set timings in your slide show, they will automatically play. If you want to disable the timings and control the slides yourself, select Manually.
Show options include:
• Looping continuously, which will repeat the slide show until you press the Esc key
• Disabling narration and animation from playing during your show
• Changing the default pen and laser pointer colors
Choose Show type:
• Presented by a speaker: Show plays in full screen and is controlled by the speaker
• Browsed by an individual: Show is displayed in a window
• Browsed at a kiosk: Show plays in full screen but is self running, offering no control to the individual viewing it