Learn some tips and tricks for presenting a Prezi presentation in this free lesson.
Presenting with Prezi
Whether you've finished your prezi or you'd like to preview it while working on it, Prezi makes presenting easy to both access and navigate. While you've been creating your prezi, you've been using Edit mode. In this lesson, we'll go over how to open and use Present mode. In Present mode, all of the menus and tools from Edit mode will be gone, leaving only the frames you've created.
To switch from Edit mode to Present mode:
If you're working on a prezi and you want to preview how it will look when you present, simply click the Present button in the top toolbar.
This will open your prezi in Present mode. You'll be able to switch between your frames and zoom in and out of the areas of your choice. To switch back to Edit mode, simply press the Escape key.
To open your prezi in Present mode from your Prezi dashboard:
You can also open your prezi from your Prezi dashboard without having to enter Edit mode.
- From your dashboard, hover over the prezi you'd like to open in Present mode. Click the Present button.
- This will open your prezi in a new tab.
- You can present it from the tab as is, or you can present it in full-screen view by clicking the full-screen button in the bottom-right corner of your prezi.
- Your prezi will enter full-screen mode. Press the Escape key to come back to your prezi in a tab.
Navigating Present mode
While in Present mode, there are several ways to move between frames and navigate your prezi:
- Clicking the forward and back arrows: There are two arrows at the bottom of the screen. You can click these arrows to go along your prezi's path.
- Pressing the forward and back arrow keys: You can travel along your prezi's path the same as the above method by pressing your keyboard's arrow keys.
- Clicking where you'd like to view: You can click any object to zoom in on it, then click any empty space to zoom out again.
- Using the home and zoom buttons: The menu containing the home and zoom buttons is hidden automatically, but the menu will appear if you move your mouse to the right side of the screen. This menu will allow you to zoom in and out, while clicking the home button will zoom out to view your entire canvas.
To practice navigating in Present mode, experiment with the prezi below.
Presenting on a mobile device
If you're on the go and want to share or view your prezi from a mobile device, you can access Prezi on your device's web browser. There's also a Prezi Viewer app available for both iOS and Android.
You can also use your mobile device as a presentation remote or clicker to present your prezi. By using a mobile device, you won't be stuck behind a computer while giving your presentation. You'll have more mobility, and you'll be able to see your presentation the same way your audience does. However, this feature is only available if you have a Pro account.