Organizing your mail
After you've used the Mail app for a while, your inbox can start to become cluttered with old messages. You can keep your inbox organized by moving messages to folders or deleting messages you no longer need.
To move a message to a folder:
- Locate and select the message you wish to move.
Selecting a message to move
- Right-click and then select the Move button from the menu at the bottom of the screen.
Clicking the Move button
- Select the desired folder for the message.
Choosing the desired folder
- The message will be moved to the selected folder.
The message moved to the selected folder
To delete a message:
There are two ways to delete a message. You can either:
- Click the Delete button when viewing any email.
Clicking the Delete button
- Select the desired message(s) and then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
To delete messages permanently, you'll need to access the Deleted folder and then delete the messages again.