The Windows 8 People app is where all of your contacts are stored. Learn more about using the app in this free lesson.
Favoriting and pinning contacts
If you have certain contacts you use frequently, you may wish to favorite or pin those contacts for quick access.
To favorite a contact:
- Locate and select the contact you wish to Favorite.
- The contact page will appear. Select Favorite.
- The contact will appear under the Favorites group whenever you open the People app.
The contact added to Favorites
To pin a contact:
Just like apps, you can also pin a contact to the Start screen.
- Locate and select the contact you wish to pin.
- The contact page will appear. Right-click, and a menu will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Pin to Start.
Pinning a contact to the Start screen
- A dialog box will appear. Click Pin to Start to continue.
Clicking Pin to Start
- The contact will be pinned to the Start screen. Simply click a contact on the Start screen to view that person's contact page.
The contact pinned to the Start screen
To unpin a contact from the Start screen, right-click on the contact page, and then select Unpin from Start from the menu.
Unpinning a contact from the Start screen