Creating a file
You can create a file using different applications such as Microsoft Word, Wordpad, or Notepad.
To create a file using the Notepad application:
- Click Start.
- Choose ProgramsAccessoriesNotepad.
- Type This is my new document.
- Click File in the toolbar, then choose Save.
- The Save As dialog box appears.
- Save your document on the desktop as a text document. Type the file name new document.
Note: If you go back to make changes to a document you have created, save the modifications:
- Click the save button on the toolbar (It looks like a little floppy disk).
- Click the File menu, then choose Save.
Get in the habit of periodically saving changes to documents you're working on just in case of power outages or other problems.