Files, Folders, and Drives
Learn how to use and find Windows 98 files and folders, as well as Windows 98 drives, in this free lesson.
A drive, or disk drive, is hardware on which you can store files. Disk drives are assigned a letter.
- Your hard drive (the drive inside your computer) is known as the (C:) drive.
- Your floppy disk drive is known as the (A:) drive.
- If your computer has a CD ROM drive, it is usually called the (D:) drive.
Most computer users store their files on the C drive.
- Double-click My Computer on the desktop.
- Double-click Drive_c (C:).
- View the files on your C drive.
- Close the window.