When working in Windows 98 using help features available to you can make your computer run more efficiently. Learn how in this lesson.
Using the Index tab
You can use the Index tab to quickly find a specific topic.
To use the Index tab:
- Click StartHelp.
- The Windows Help dialog box appears.
- Click the Index tab.
- Type a keyword that pertains to the topic you're interested in learning about, such as files, printer, or Recycle Bin.
- Click a topic in the left pane you want to explore.
- Click Display.
- A Topics Found dialog box appears, or a list of topics appears.
- Click the topic you want to learn more about.
- Click Display or Cancel.
- If you click Display, information about the topic displays in the right pane.
- If you click Cancel, the Windows Help dialog box appears so you can begin a new search.