Learn all about moving Windows XP windows and sizing Windows XP windows in this free lesson.
Sizing windows is slightly different from minimizing, restoring, and maximizing. Note: You cannot size a window if it has been maximized.
To change the size of a window:
- Hover the mouse pointer over any corner of the window. (You can also place the pointer over the borders of the window.)
- The mouse pointer changes into a double-headed arrow.
- Click and hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the arrow out or in to make the window larger or smaller.
- Release the mouse button when the window is the size you want.
Make sure the mouse pointer changes into a two-headed arrow before you try to size the window.