Selecting text in Word is easier than you think. Review this free lesson to learn all about the select text Word feature.
Second method: Use the pointer to select an entire line of text
To select a single line of text:
- Move the I-beam to the left margin until it becomes a right-slanted white pointer.
- Position the pointer to the left of the line you want to highlight.
- Click once to highlight a single line.
- Click and drag up or down to select as many lines as you want to edit.
- This method is quick and easy.
- It selects the entire line of text when you may not want it to.
- It may take some practice to position the pointer correctly.