Checking spelling as you type
Word puts a red wavy line under possible spelling mistakes.
To check spelling as you type:
- Hover your I-beam over the misspelled word and right-click.
- A shortcut menu displays the following options: boldfaced suggested spellings, Ignore All, Add, or Spelling.
- Select the boldfaced suggestion to replace the incorrectly spelled word in the document.
- Select Ignore All, and Word bypasses all future instances of this spelling in the document.
- Select Add, and Word adds the underlined word to the dictionary so it won't be flagged as an error in any other document you create.
- If you select spelling, the Spelling and Grammar dialog box appears.