The paragraph spacing option allows you to add additional space between paragraphs, headings, or subheadings as you type your document. Extra spacing between paragraphs adds emphasis and makes a document easier to read.
You can choose extra space:
- Before each paragraph
- After each paragraph
- Before and after each paragraph
To specify paragraph spacing:
- Select the paragraph you want to format.
- Choose FormatParagraph from the menu bar.
- The Paragraph dialog box appears.
- Click the Indents and Spacing tab.
- Alignment: Choose left, right, center, or justified.
- Indentation: Adjust the left and right margins by clicking the up and down arrows.
- Spacing: To emphasize a block of text, click the up and down arrows.
- Preview: This gives an idea of how your text will look.