Format text to improve Word documents. Learn how to change the font, change font size, change font color, and change text alignment.
Did you know?
Word offers a variety of templates that provide you with a preformatted document. Instead of having to create formats yourself, you can quickly choose among a variety of templates.
To open the templates dialog box:
- Click File on the menu bar.
- Select New from the menu list. The task pane New Document window appears to the right.
- Select an option under New from template.
- Letter Wizard: Assists you in writing a standard letter
- Contemporary Letter: Offers a letter template, including artwork
- General Templates: Preformatted documents, including faxes, letters, memos, and reports
- Templates on my Websites: Allows you to search for templates on other web servers
- Templates on Microsoft.com: Allows you to search among hundreds of templates offered through the Microsoft website