In Word 2003 indents add structure to documents. Use the indent ruler and tabs to help make documents clearer.
Download and save the Cover Letter Word document to complete the challenges below.
- Open the document.
- Place the insertion point at the end of the first paragraph.
- Hit Enter twice.
- Write a paragraph stating the skills you have that qualify you for the job.
- Select Format from the menu.
- Select Paragraph.
- Select the Hanging Indent option in the Special: drop-down box, which is located in the Indention section of the dialog box.
- In the By: drop-down menu, click the increment arrow until it reads .8".
- Click OK.
- Watch the ruler at the top of the document, and you will see the hanging indent.
- Open Edit on the main menu, and select Undo to cancel the change you made.
- Save and close the document.