Working with Tables
Using tables in Word can help organize content in different ways. When using Word tables can be used for text and numerical data.
Click inside any table cell to begin entering text or numbers.
To move around in a table:
- Use the Tab key or right arrow key to move right.
- Use Shift + Tab or the left arrow key to move left.
- The up and down arrow keys will move the insertion point above or below its current location.
To select text in tables:
- A cell: Triple-click inside a cell.
- A row: Move the mouse to the left of margins, point to the row, and click.
- Multiple rows: Select the first row, then click and drag the number of rows desired.
- A column: Move the mouse above the column. It turns into a downward pointing arrow. Click once.
- Multiple columns: Select the first column, then click and drag the number of columns desired.
- Entire Table: Choose Table and Select Table from the menu bar.