- Write a letter in the current Word document, or use an open existing document.
To insert recipient data from the list:
- Place the insertion point in the document where you wish the information to appear.
- Select Address block, Greeting line, or Electronic postage from the task pane. A dialog box with options will appear based on your selection.
- Select More Items. The Insert Merge Field dialog box will appear.
- Select the field you would like to insert in the document.
- Click Insert. Notice that a placeholder appears where information from the data record will eventually appear.
- Repeat these steps each time you need to enter information from your data record.
- Click Next: Preview your letters in the task pane once you have completed your letter.
- Preview the letters to make sure the information from the data record appears correctly in the letter.
- Click Next: Complete the merge.
- Click Print to print the letters.
- Click All.
- Click OK in the Merge to Printer dialog box.
- Click OK to send the letters to the printer.
The Mail Merge Wizard allows you to complete the mail merge process in a variety of ways. The best way to learn how to use the different functions in Mail Merge is to try to develop several of the different documents—letters, labels, and envelopes—using the different types of data sources.