3 of 4
- Write a letter in the current Word document, or use an open, existing document.
To Insert Recipient Data from the List:
- Place the insertion point in the document where you wish the information to appear.
- Select Address block, Greeting line, or Electronic postage from the task pane. A dialog box with options will appear based on your selection.
- Select More Items. The Insert Merge Field dialog box will appear.
- Select the field you would like to insert in the document.
- Click Insert. Notice that a placeholder appears where information from the data record will eventually appear.
- Repeat these steps each time you need to enter information from your data record.
- Click Next: Preview your letters in the task pane once you have completed your letter.
- Preview the letters to make sure the information from the data record appears correctly in the letter.
- Click Next: Complete the merge.
- Click Print to print the letters.
- Click All.
- Click OK in the Merge to Printer dialog box.
- Click OK to send the letters to the printer.
The Mail Merge wizard allows you to complete the mail merge process in a variety of ways. The best way to learn how to use the different functions in Mail Merge is to try to develop several of the different documents -- letters, labels, envelopes -- using the different types of data sources.